Bookcomet

Bookcomet

I would love to continue on with this series!

After Eden by Helen Douglas

After Eden (After Eden, #1)

Publication date: August 16th 2013

Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens Books

Number of pages: 288

Series: After Eden (1#)

Genre: YA Science Fiction

Source: Received in exchange for review. This is my honest opinion.

pagebreaksbookcomet

Goodreads synopsis:

Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she’s hooked. On the face of it, he’s a typical American teenager. So why doesn’t he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn’t heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he’s taking in her.

As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan’s bedroom – a biography of her best friend – written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose … and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.

pagebreaksbookcomet

Review:

So this was the lucky book in which I was 53% of the way through when my faithful (or so I thought) Kindle died. It was a sad day for us all.

Three-to-four weeks later, my new Kindle arrives and I finally get to continue reading. While I’m talking about my new Kindle, I simply can not go without commending Amazon for their speedy delivery. Seriously. But back to the review. I read quite a lot of books and therefore I kind of forget what I read sometimes, sometimes immediately after finshing the book. But everything came back to me straight away when I picked After Eden up again. You know what this means? I must have really been enjoying After Eden to remember everything.

Yes, there was instalove. I am definitely not a fan of instalove. Grrr, don’t get me thinking about the book before this one which I read, in which the instalove was just plain ridiculous. I don’t absolutely hate it in cases like that of After Eden though. I thought that Helen douglas handled it quite well, that the love between Eden and Ryan really was written in the stars (see what I did there?).

As for the actual story, I thought that was really interesting. I’ve never really found any YA alien books before that I particularly enjoyed, so this is a first. And no, I still haven’t read The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey. And a YA book set in England! YAY! We need more of them. England is a great place.

I liked all the characters and thought I knew them all until the ending. That wasn’t nice, Helen Douglas. Well, to be fair, the final ending was but the main climax wasn’t.

I would love to continue on with this series!

4/5 comets
Meteor shower. A great show.

Add to Goodreads