Bookcomet

Publisher: Hachette Children’s Books

Number of pages: 368

Series: N/A

Genre: YA Contemporary

Source: Received in exchange for review. This is my honest opinion.

Goodreads synopsis:

A gripping, controversial debut about the nature of bullying.

Emma Putnam is dead, and it’s all Sara Wharton’s fault.

At least, that’s what everyone seems to think when Sara, along with her best friend and three other classmates, has been criminally charged for the bullying and harassment that led to Emma’s shocking suicide. But Sara is sure she hasn’t done anything wrong, because Emma brought it on herself. Sara is adamant that she was the victim – not Emma.

Inspired by a true story, TEASE is a thought-provoking must-read that will haunt you long after the last page.

Review:

Brutally honest and thought-provoking, teens should read this.

I liked the want that Tease was so brutally and unashamed to be honest. It took advantage of modern bullying techniques, such as Facebook and it shows what can happen if bullying isn’t stopped. Girls (and boys) can be horribly cruel.

Sara, the main character, wasn’t for me. Yes, she was kind of necessary for the story, so it’s a little bit unfair to say this but she was nasty at the core. She took jealously way to far and I hated the way that she took no responsibility and showed no remorse for the majority of the book.
I also disliked the way that she was so clingy and kept running to the even more nasty Brielle. Eurgh. She seriously needs to get a better friend.

But then of course there was lovely ol’ Carmichael to soften the edges. I would read a book with him in it any day. He was smart and he looked past what Sara had taken part in doing. I also liked the way that he made no effort to join in with any of the terrible business the other students were. He was so cute.

Tease sucked me in straight away. I was deciding whether to read this book or another book and there ended up being no competition. Guess which book won? I finished it without meaning to. It’s not one of those books where the Kindle can be distracting as you watch the progress bar…slowly…raise. Instead I got a little shock every time I looked to see where I was at. A GOOD feeling.

Another thing I really liked was the font on the cover and used as chapter headings. Pretty and totally right for this book and it’s story. The title was also perfect. I like the cover edition I’ve got, with the girl on it, best.

I really do think teenagers should read this. In all honesty, I had no idea what to rate this book. But yes, I think that they should read it because it may provide insight into how bullying effects others around you and how stupid you look to other people (I thought Sara was acting ridiculously on a number of occasions).

4/5 comets
Meteor shower. A great show.

Add to Goodreads

Goodreads author bio:

Amanda MacielAmanda Maciel has worked in book publishing since graduating from Mount Holyoke College and is currently a senior editor at Scholastic. She spends her free time writing, running, or riding the subway with her young son. She lives with him, her husband, and their cat, Ruby, in Brooklyn, New York. Tease is her first novel.