Bookcomet

Publisher: StoneHouse Ink

Number of pages:49

Series: Season one of the 'Naturals

Genre: YA Paranormal

Source: Received in exchange for review. This is my honest opinion.

pagebreaksbookcomet

Goodreads synopsis:

***This book is a Serial. Serials are stories published in episodes, with future episodes released every three weeks. This book contains four episodes out of an estimated twenty total episodes.***

The 'Naturals Season One: "Awakening"

A small town full of secrets. A coming darkness. Teenagers with supernatural abilities. Think you know the story?

Think again.

As Summer ends, the students at Silverwood High are getting ready to go back to school and resume their normal, everyday lives. Too bad "normal" is no longer an option.

When these teens get their very first tastes of what destiny has in store, will they embrace that destiny... or flee from it? Will they be selfless... or ruthless? Will they master their abilities... or will their abilities master them?

This is their awakening, the first step of an epic journey. But it's only the beginning of something bigger than they could ever imagine.

Four teenagers. One town.

Four authors. One story.

The sleepy little town of Silverwood is about to wake up.

* * * IN THESE EPISODES...

AVERY: Episode 1: Soulful, artistic Avery is intrigued when Silverwood High's strapping, athletic newcomer takes an interest in her. So why is she convinced that there's more going on with this guy than a simple crush? by Melody Carlson

MARSHALL: Episode 2: Brilliant but nerdy Marshall is used to being the odd man out, the last one picked, and the bully's favorite target. But his luck may be changing when he discovers that he can do something that should be completely impossible. by Robin Parrish

HAILEY: Episode 3: Soccer prodigy Hailey wants desperately to hide every aspect of her home life -- and the anger and regrets that fill her heart. But she's about to discover that concealing her feelings isn't a possibility anymore. by K.C. Neal

ISRAEL: Episode 4: Homeschooler Israel is part of a dysfunctional family. They look normal on the outside, but it's a carefully constructed lie that's leaving plenty of scars. It doesn't help that he's having disturbing dreams and experiencing bizarre sensations. by Aaron Patterson

pagebreaksbookcomet

Review:

This was actually pretty good. Forget being a book series, this NEEDS to be a web series. That would be the most epic thing ever. Someone please tell me it's been made into a web series.

I was so surprised at how much I liked this book. I liked all four episodes and was actually disappointed each time that they ended.

I guess it's no impressive feat to say I read it all in one night. Less than an hour actually. But that might be something to do with the fact that it's only 49 pages. But it saved me from a reading slump. You know when you can just feel them coming on?

I would totally read the other episodes as well. I really need to investigate about getting hold of them.

I'm afraid this is a tiny review. I haven't really got much to say or to write about, apart from the fact that if you get the chance to read this, then by all means do.

Although I can't decide whether I liked episode 3 or 4 best (Hailey or Israel).

4/5 comets

Meteor shower. A great show.

Add The 'Naturals to Goodreads